Chin retrusion (also known as a ‘weak chin’ or ‘receding chin’) occurs when the chin projects slightly backward toward the neck, causing a facial imbalance. While genetics primarily determine the shape, size and features of the face, chin retrusion may occur because of bone and tissue loss from aging. For patients who are bothered by a weak chin, Dr. Adam Becker at Triangle Facial Plastic Surgery, offers treatment options, both surgical and non-surgical, for chin augmentation in Raleigh, NC to balance the lower face and improve facial attractiveness.
Chin Augmentation with Dermal Fillers
- Subtle enhancement with long-lasting results (typically lasting 8-12 months, depending on the filler used). Dermal fillers are not permanent. Maintenance treatments will be needed over time to maintain or modify results. Individual results may vary.
- No surgery or anesthesia required. A topical anesthetic may be used for comfort during the treatment.
- Minimal downtime (some minor bruising may occur).
- Safe and effective for most patients.
- A great solution for patients to try a ‘new and improved’ lower facial profile without committing to a permanent change.
- During your consultation, Dr. Becker will determine the best filler for your treatment.
Chin Augmentation with Chin Implant Surgery
- Ideal for patients looking for more dramatic, permanent results. Implants come in a variety of contours to best address the desires of the patient.
- Implants are surgically placed beneath the skin. Anesthesia is required (typically local anesthesia or IV sedation, depending on the patient’s needs). The procedure is minimally invasive with minimal scarring, as the openings are created in a natural crease under the chin or inside the mouth.
- Downtime required – approximately 2 weeks. Sutures are used to close the opening. Patients can expect swelling and bruising in the treated area.
- Safe for patients who are in otherwise good health, without significant dental conditions.
- Chin implants are removable (with additional surgery). Chin implant removal will not change the preoperative appearance of the treated area.
The best way to determine which Raleigh chin augmentation option is best for you is to schedule a consultation with Dr. Becker. During your in-person consultation, he will conduct a full facial analysis, review your health history, discuss your desired outcome and recommend a treatment plan to achieve that gorgeous, natural-looking, improved facial profile you’ve been desiring. Call or text (919) 706-4900 to schedule your consultation today.
*** DON’T MISS OUT ON OUR AUGUST SPECIAL SAVINGS – 20% OFF all chin fillers and chin augmentation procedures!