Are you bothered by irksome dark patches of skin on your face? You’re not alone! Hyperpigmentation (aka age spots and liver spots) is a common sign of aging that occurs when brown pigment (melanin) is overproduced as a result of sun exposure, inflammation, acne scars, genetics, and melasma (aka “the mask of pregnancy”). For those faced with hyperpigmentation, the fall and winter months, when sun exposure is minimal, are the best time to seek treatment to remove brown pigment in Raleigh.
Our team of skincare experts at Triangle Facial Plastic Surgery weigh in on 5 cosmetic treatment options you may consider to help remove brown pigment and enjoy a more clear and even skin tone. Keep in mind that when pursuing any of the following treatments, it’s imperative that you stay out of the sun!
- Incorporate good quality, medical-grade skincare products containing retinol (Vitamin A), Vitamin C and AHA acids.
- Treat yourself to regular Hydrafacials infused with a brightening booster for an insta-glow!
- Visit Yelena for a chemical peel treatment for an improvement to skin texture and tone. We love the VI Peel because it produces an actual skin peel and reveals an AMAZING bright new complexion within a week’s time!
- BBL Hero is a super powerful light therapy treatment that sends light energy deep into the layers of the skin to destroy and remove the brown pigment (melanin). Within days of your treatment, you will actually see the pigment come to the surface of the skin and flake off.
- Tetra CoolPeel CO2 laser treatments remove damaged skin tissue and stimulate collagen production, improving the appearance of sun damage, uneven pigmentation, age spots, redness, and acne scars. A series of 3 treatments is typically recommended in order to produce the best results, and results are even more dramatic when combined with a BBL treatment. Tetra CoolPeel treatments are more comfortable (compared to other laser treatments) and downtime is very minimal.
Individual results may vary.
If you’re looking to remove brown pigment from your skin and freshen up your glow, give us a call at (919)706-4900 to schedule your complimentary consultation with Yelena, and she will assess your skin and recommend a treatment plan that will achieve the most optimal results!