Wearing a mask is an essential part of our everyday lives. Many of us are learning that wearing a mask for prolonged periods of time can cause skin irritation and breakouts. Maskne (acne that occurs from wearing masks) occurs when sweat, oils and dirt get trapped on your skin under your mask. People with pre-existing skin conditions are at an increased risk for developing maskne and other complications like irritation and chafing. We compiled a few tips to keep your face gorgeous, radiant, and healthy while wearing a mask throughout your day.
Reduce Your Chances of Developing Maskne by:
- Choose a cloth mask made from natural fibers.
- Wash your mask as frequently as possible (ideally after every use).
- Wash your mask with unscented laundry products.
- Ensure your mask has the proper fit. It should cover your mouth and nose without gapping or fitting too tightly.
- Consider wearing less or no makeup under your mask. No one will see what’s under there anyway!
- Cleanse and moisturize your face morning and night.
- Treat yourself to a facial regularly to deep-clean and maintain the health of your skin.
All skincare products are 10% off through 8/31/20. If you would like a recommendation of the best skincare products to use for your skin, call Yelena to schedule a consultation or fill out our online contact form. Products can be purchased over the phone and picked up anytime during our office hours.